Wednesday, September 5, 2007

For the Love of September


September! I know many of you (including me) are doing a happy dance that school has once again started. I have mixed emotions. On the one hand I’m thrilled to have some quiet time to get my writing done without having to pull those dreadful all-nighters, but on the other hand I hate the fact that with the onslaught of September fall is around the corner and here in the Maritimes we go quickly from fall to winter and that I really don’t like. But let me tell you what I truly love about September.

I find September to be the most romantic time of the year. Why? Maybe it has to do with those crisp, cool days. Think of lovers walking hand-in-hand, snuggling up close to get warm in the evenings, lighting the fireplace and all those special moments cuddled under a blanket while watching all those great new TV shows that air in September. And, yes I am officially counting down for my show – Heroes!!! Can’t wait!

So what else about September makes it romantic? I think it’s the light. When I wake up in the morning the sunlight is fresh and crisp and filters off the ground with this very powerful feeling that the Earth is moving with the season. Okay, enough of me trying to be poetic.

So what else makes September special? For me I like to get out those cookbooks that collect dust on my bookshelf and flip through them with a vow to try some new recipes for the fall. I especially love that with September comes October and who couldn’t love Halloween.

Oh, and who couldn’t love my new sensual mainstream romance book debuts this September 27. Rapture, a Titan myth comes true debuts with Cerridwen Press very, very soon.

So what makes September special for you? I’d love to hear from you. Let me know what you “really” think about September.

No comments: